cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Iphone 6s won't work

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I got the new 6s yesterday.  The device is working and I've managed to retrieve all my info from icloud but I can't seem to get the actual phone to work.  It says "No Service".

Any advise please?

Many Thanks 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wondering were you given a new sim or are you using the old one....if you are using the old one it should work if you have put the new sim in it might not have been activated so it might be worth using the old one!!!!!!

Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

A few things to try

Check your network status here http://status.o2.co.uk/

If all ok take the sim out and clean it gently re-insert it and reboot the phone.

If that doesn't work have a look at network settings reset  Settings>General> Reset> Reset Network Settings

Also have you tried the sim card in a different phone?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

It should always say that as your contract is migrated - there's a short period when your old contract turns off & the new one starts where you're without service. Max 24 hours, but usually almost instant in my experience. I think this is usually when you port your old number.

My current issue is not being able to send texts to non-iPhone owners.....

Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You need to do a sim swap if using your new sim card.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi i had problem with the 6s too it kept freezing when updating details in set up, contacted o2 was told sorry out of stock and dont know how long this will be for, new one is on order for you , i kept on and on tryong to resolve te issue by myself and am happy to report i have !!!!! It was loaded with the older version of ios ??? After updating to newest version hey presto it works 😊
Message 6 of 6