cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New IPhone 16. Transferring sim to eSIM.

PJ9
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Bought iPhone 16 from Apple and trying to transfer number from 14. Phoned O2 for qr code which hasn’t arrived yet (3hr). Now can’t phone or get texts from my iphone14 so cannot make calls to O2 (or anywhere0, can’t receive calls and cannot get confirmatory texts to enable me to get onto myO2.

suddenly cut off by O2 - Help!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149208 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28469 Solutions

@PJ9 

O2's genius idea is to disable your current sim when ordering a new one.

You can either wait for the esim to arrive in the post or go in store with photo ID.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

PJ9
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So phoning O2 on another phone they tell me that even if I get the qr code, I will need a text to confirm myO2 which I cannot get as they have stopped my SIM card!!!

So - if you get a new iPhone 16, it tells you to call O2 to enable transfer to an eSIM

You phone O2

They say they will send you a qr code

They cut off your sim

The only way to use the O2 code is by logging in to myO2 which requires a text which you cannot get

They then say you have to physically go into an O2 shop.

Why wouldn’t they just tell you to go into the O2 shop when you have time and meanwhile you have your current telephone still working.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149208 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28469 Solutions

Because they're braindead!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7871 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1646 Solutions

Do as I have done. Add another phone number in your contact details (I added the wife's) that way you get a choice of numbers as to where to send the text.

Won't change things on this occasion but will save you from grief in the future.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 5