cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer - pre order iphone 6 plus

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all  

I am a new customer to O2 and pre-oredered an Iphone 6 Plus on the 13th September.

I keep getting told to wait for an email to come to me to say the phone has been dispatched but

when i logg onto My O2 it shows has no products and i am leaving the UK on the 3rd November for a few weeks

and have cancelled my contract with my old phone company.  

I have tried calling and speaking live with the O2 staff and just get yes you will get it but no we cant say when we will get them or when you will receive it but you should , maybe get it by then and i still need to take a day off work to wait in for the phone when it arrives had they wont deliver to work addresses like my toher 2 phone companies have.  

I just need a rough idea of a date of when i will receive it so if it is after 3rd november I can cancel.

I hope this is just because of a new phone coming out and not the way O2 work all the time

i odnt understand why the tracking isnt from when you place your order and why as soon has you agree to the contract your account detaisl are set up with what you have ordered.  

cheers

chris

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still a few people in reservation lines outside my local Apple store and as I've been looking for a demo model of the Note 4 in various shops I've heard plenty upgrading / starting new contracts for the iPhone 6 models.
Message 11 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome. slight_smile

I hope you get some news asap.
Message 12 of 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

And like all other previous iPhone launches, this is the way they keep the hype going. As long as demand stays high, supply will be kept low. Frustrating for buyers, but a great marketing technique. Even with bendy phones and buggy software, some people are still drooling to get their hands on one. D'oh!

and will probably slow Apple down even more with the supply chain.......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

the scary thing is i aint that bothered about the iphone it was more of "im signing up to a new contract so why not get it" 

the foolish things us mere mortals do  

Message 14 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 123092 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

the scary thing is i aint that bothered about the iphone it was more of "im signing up to a new contract so why not get it" 

the foolish things us mere mortals do  

If that  was your only reason Chris...you may want to look at the Android phones out there wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 32

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It's the same every year and O2 never seem to learn or change the way they handle it. If they tell everyone there's limited stock and how long the wait is people go elsewhere. Much better to get peoples money first....

Message 16 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have an iphone 5 at the moment and am used to it 

and dont like using the samsung or htc models the wife has had before  

fingers crossed it will be here before the 3rd november or if not O2 can tell when it is likely here,  

Message 17 of 32

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

bad communication from a communciations company - anyone else see the irony  🙂

Yes, it's been mentioned a few times before.

And ironically, it doesn't seem to get any better slight_frown

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 18 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I liked my iPhone 5 but wanted 4G so upgraded to the 5s.

I'll be buying the 6 plus near the end of October.
Message 19 of 32

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I liked my iPhone 5 but wanted 4G so upgraded to the 5s.

I'll be buying the 6 plus near the end of October.

If there are any....:smileywink:

Message 20 of 32