cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone unlocking

Anonymous
Not applicable
I sent an unlock request to O2 at the beginning of October and now, the 25th, the only response I've had from them was a standard generated email with links to here or the live chat. Live chat never seems to be open (I am in Oz at the moment so I get the time difference) right now I can't communicate with my family if I go out which is extremely frustrating as I thought it would have bee sorted by now!

Any help is appreciated
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As long as the phone has been used in the UK with an O2 sim the unlock should go through wherever you are. Apple unlock the phone but it sounds as though O2 haven't submitted it to them.

Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

acccording to some other forums, peopel i spain have received the confirmation text and unlcoked their phones.

surely that means i can do it here in Oz???

Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a similar problem. I have been given an iPhone 4 locked to O2 that was on a business account.

I have placed my own contract sim in it, made a couple of phone calls and submitted the form. Only for O2 to say that the IMEI is not associated

How can i get this unlocked? I did do the request the same day as making the calls, do I need to leave it a day before submitting?

O2 chat said the original owner needs to call

Is that correct? I dont want to put a payas you go SIM if its not going to work

I am in the UK so no roaming involved

Help please?

Message 13 of 17

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You need to give it at least 24 hours, maybe 48 for the IMEI to register.
You can check if it has by looking in your My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, I'll insert the SIM again. make a couple of calls and leave the SIM in and check my account the following day. Then I guess I need to leave it in until its unlocked?

Message 15 of 17

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As long as the account can be associated you shouldn't have a problem. A couple of calls and texts will do that.

Message 16 of 17

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Great, I'll insert the SIM again. make a couple of calls and leave the SIM in and check my account the following day. Then I guess I need to leave it in until its unlocked?

Once your request has been accepted you can remove the sim.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 17