cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone unlocking

Anonymous
Not applicable
I sent an unlock request to O2 at the beginning of October and now, the 25th, the only response I've had from them was a standard generated email with links to here or the live chat. Live chat never seems to be open (I am in Oz at the moment so I get the time difference) right now I can't communicate with my family if I go out which is extremely frustrating as I thought it would have bee sorted by now!

Any help is appreciated
Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
So

Apparently even tho it SO VERY CLEVERLY doesn't state ANYWHERE before, during, or after filling out the online forms that you have to be inside UK borders the guy I just spoke to on the phone told me it will just not go thru because I'm not in th UK.

I calmly stated the above and asked of they could refund the £15 I'd wasted on the unlock.

No. Not really. He said. I then told him perhaps O2 should put a disclaimer on the online form to STOP THIS HAPPENING as he told me he'd had a few of these calls.

Oh, yeah. Suppose that would be good.

*holds head in
Hands*

Thanks for the help guys! Onward and upward!

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Have you tried another uk SIM card (not a O2 one) just incase the unlock has been done.

If that does not work then all the posing of contact with O2 are in the contact us link at the bottom of the forum.

Help link http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/unlocking-your-iphone-and-using-it-on-another-network
Message 2 of 17

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

One of my old phone ton ages with 02 but my last one only took two weeks. Try the sim and if not call them. 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 3 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I would be inclined to send the unlock form again or try phoning them if the unlock hasn't gone through. If trying another network sim card shows the unlock hasn't been done you need basically to start again.

Message 4 of 17

MI5
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Does it not have to be completed in the UK....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
The O2 info link does not state you have to be in the Uk to complete the unlocking sequence.

Perhaps @Toby @Anonymous can find out for us.
Message 6 of 17

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers guys

Will be ringing them ASAP lol
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
So

Apparently even tho it SO VERY CLEVERLY doesn't state ANYWHERE before, during, or after filling out the online forms that you have to be inside UK borders the guy I just spoke to on the phone told me it will just not go thru because I'm not in th UK.

I calmly stated the above and asked of they could refund the £15 I'd wasted on the unlock.

No. Not really. He said. I then told him perhaps O2 should put a disclaimer on the online form to STOP THIS HAPPENING as he told me he'd had a few of these calls.

Oh, yeah. Suppose that would be good.

*holds head in
Hands*

Thanks for the help guys! Onward and upward!
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
To be honest I thought as long as you had another Uk Network SIM card that had been activated you were able to complete the unlock even out of the Uk !

In all fairness the fee should be returned as a goodwill gesture.

Perhaps put this in writing to the complaint link at the bottom of the forum page ?
Message 10 of 17