cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 7 32gb black stock?

Anonymous
Not applicable

As title I've read quite a bit that people have had issues ordering from O2.

I ordered the Iphone 7 32gb Black and was told on the phone that I will receive it tomorrow afternoon. 

They deducted the upfront costs about an hour ago and after I read about the stock issues I rang them and they assured me I will be receiving it tomorrow.

So I went to live chat and spoke to someone who had said that "There was previously problems with the stock for Iphones but they have now been resolved and you will definately receive your iphone tomorrow as stated in the email you received".

Is the likelyhood of this true?

If it isn't I'll cancel and go into store in my local town as they have 1 left in stock. Easier that way.

Thanks

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I fear imminent disappointment....

My feeling all along unfortunately 😞

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like you guys are right.

I haven't received any updates since last night, I called O2 just now and the guy was confused when he pulled my account up. He asked me if I have received the handset, I said no. He said "This is a weird one, I'm going to need to call UKMail please hold".

After 20 minutes of being on hold he came back and said that the handset is most likely not going to be delivered today. He cannot find a cosignment number or any tracking number on the handset so he "Can only assume" that UK mail have it and are transferring it to a depot local to me, for delivery tomorrow possibly.

Refunded my next day delivery charge, and then said that if I don't hear anything back by tomorrow morning to call them ASAP as usually it only gets assigned a tracking number when UKmail have it at the delivery depot(Local to me).

Asked him if I could go in store and get it there and he said that he cannot do that and I would have to cancel this order, wait for it to return to O2 and then apply in store, however he warned that there is always a possibility of failing the second credit check.

There was also some confusion as he said it is marked as "Completed" but this "Status" should only show when the phone is physically delivered to the customer. I asked him if it was a stock issue and he advised that it has definately left O2 and is with UKmail.

Amazing start to my experience with O2.

Message 12 of 32

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If they are convinced it's with UKM keep calling CS until they find out where it is exactly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 32

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Toby yet another reason o2 need a live stock system yet again a customer is let down even after paying extra for delivery (yes refunded) when will o2 learn that customers will start to vote with there feet and move networks I really feel your pain @Anonymous but this is why I only upgrade in store if stock is available. !

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 14 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to get a hold of someone who can provide more information now.I called UK mail and she said that she can't see any parcels in my name at all on her system but it may not be accurate as each depot has a different database or something.

Live chat has just said that it is definately being delivered tonight as its status is "Completed". Does anyone have any idea at O2? It seems Live chat and Customer services are working for different companies and they don't know what they are doing. Getting annoyed now.

If I don't get a straight answer by 4PM I'll just cancel and go to car phone warehouse.

Message 15 of 32

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Just keep in mind what you were told about credit checks is correct.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 Yep I know. To be frank I'm surprised I got accepted for this. I know for a fact I won't get another chance if I try again. 

Car Phone Warehouse will probably be the best bet if this doesn't work out.

Message 17 of 32

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
The important point though is that CPW will credit check you too.
As you have just had a recent check done by O2 this may flag a reason to decline on their system.
I don't want you to cancel a progressive order and not be able to reorder elsewhere.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 I understand what your saying. I won't be cancelling unless its becoming a problem. What I meant is, If they say it is definately out for delivery tomorrow then fine, but if tomorrow comes and they move dates again I will leave. I started early shift today and I'm absolutely knackered because of it. However if I get no proper answer before 4PM then I feel like I will be stressed if I don't cancel.

My usual shifts are 6PM - 6AM so I changed it around for the delivery. Can't put all the blame on O2 though, I should of waited for confirmation. Started work at 3AM today so I could get out in time for the delivery if it came tonight.

Message 19 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will update this at 8PM tonight.

I spoke to CS and this time the lady contacted UKM and said to me that because I paid for special next day delivery UKM do not provide tracking numbers, she gave me a confirmation number that UKM gave her and she said its definately being delivered before 8PM today.

Will update later.

Thanks

Message 20 of 32