Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Highlighted
Anonymous

Iphone 6s+ Black screen and red hot home button

Hi All,

My first post and it is to pass on some information about the new iphone 6s+. Mine had been charging over night and when I woke up this morning the screen had gone black (the alarm hadn't gone off) and when I pressed the power and home buttons to see if I could get something the home button was burning hot.

There is a solution in the Apple forums for this which is to hold the power and home button (bearing in mind how hot it is you will need a glove or towel or something) for around 10 secs until it essentially soft resets.

I think this is only a short term thing as I see the hot button problem as a safety issue. As an individual I don't think Apple will be that bothered, however, if anyone else is having the problem then can I suggest that you post here and then O2 can use it to push Apple to investigate and sort out a solution or organise to replace the phones.

Thanks

Highlighted
Topics: 82

Re: Iphone 6s+ Black screen and red hot home button

These new iphones really are crap aren't they.

Highlighted
Topics: 552
Solutions: 13,489

Just another of many problems seen with the 6s.
Get it back to Apple for a replacement asap, before you start a fire with it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Topics: 745

So many problems with this phone and beggars belief at the price you pay....

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Topics: 43
Kudos: 63
Ideas: 0
Solutions: 1

@Cleoriff I agree kind of puts you off getting one
iPhone 8 plus 64 GB Rose Gold (on Vodafone) Smiley Happy iPad mini 4 128 GB (wifi only) Fitbit Versa 2
Highlighted
Topics: 573
Solutions: 3,881

Brings a whole new meaning to hot line. If the button is getting that hot then how hot it is internally. Accident waiting to happen ...........

Highlighted
Topics: 82

Highlighted
Level 29: Intuitive

@Anonymous take your phone to your nearest Apple Store, they will be able to run diagnostics on it which will include temperature history for diagnosis of any issues, and should replace your handset if any issues are found
Highlighted
Anonymous

Already arranged a replacement from o2 now. If Apple want to fix it they will but I will just keep getting replacements until they do.

Highlighted
Topics: 573
Solutions: 3,881

@Anonymous wrote:

Already arranged a replacement from o2 now. If Apple want to fix it they will but I will just keep getting replacements until they do.

It's not good enough though is it? You could be sleeping uneasily with a fire extinguisher at your side....