Did you mean: 

Inbound SMS Numbers Prefixed with +44

timjd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello all,

I've just migrated my Vodafone number onto an o2 eSIM as my primary line on an iPhone 11 Pro MAX.  I noticed that, when replying to an SMS text message from an existing conversation, the message was failing to send, iMessages were working fine.  If I deleted the previous conversation and started a new one SMSs were sent fine.  Then I noticed that the contact name in that conversation changed from NAME to Maybe: NAME when they replied.  I finally worked out that inbound SMS messages arrive in international format (+44 7XXX XXXXXX) rather than UK format (07XXX XXXXXX) from o2 but not Vodaphone or EE.

Has anyone else come accross this, or is it unique to me?  I don't want to change all of my contacts' numbers to international format unless I have to, but want to get rid of the Maybe: prefix in front of conversations.

Any hints and tips would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@timjd 

It's an iPhone thing as I get it sometimes on my iPhone on EE too.

I just changed a few of my contacts but it doesn't effect all of them.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@timjd 

It's an iPhone thing as I get it sometimes on my iPhone on EE too.

I just changed a few of my contacts but it doesn't effect all of them.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2