cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone 5c refurb

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have ordered an iPhone 5c refurb and read to see the phone does not come with a charger, does that mean the USB plug or the actual wire that connects to the phone?
Message 1 of 37
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Also just wondering if the apple earpods will be included?

No, they won't be included either.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 2 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay thats great, thank you for your response
Message 3 of 37

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
A lot of phones are shipping without the wall wart these days. Most of have these kicking about or a pc that can be used to charge the phone from.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 5 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Poor practice in my opinion. No-one should be encouraged to use old chargers or buy cheap ones from Ebay etc.

This type of cost cutting could put lives at risk. slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 37

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
You can't even feel 100% safe the genuine ones are safe these days
Message 7 of 37

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's common practice not to include a wall charger when you purchase a return phone.
This isn't unique to o2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
It's common practice not to include a wall charger when you purchase a return phone.
This isn't unique to o2.

You're quite right that this practice has become the norm these days, but despite the eco-friendly intentions behind it, it does seem a short-sighted view given that chargers are not standard across all devices, which can lead to the obvious safety concerns that have already been expressed.

If you traded in your device at a retailer like CeX, having all of the accessories that were originally supplied, would definitely ensure a better price, so it does seem strange that other retailers would consider them surplus to requirement. And if they're removing "surplus" chargers just to recycle them, why can't consumers be trusted to do the same?

Message 9 of 37

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
This isn't unique to o2.

You're quite right that this practice has become the norm these days, but despite the eco-friendly intentions behind it, it does seem a short-sighted view given that chargers are not standard across all devices, which can lead to the obvious safety concerns that have already been expressed.

If you traded in your device at a retailer like CeX, having all of the accessories that were originally supplied, would definitely ensure a better price, so it does seem strange that other retailers would consider them surplus to requirement. And if they're removing "surplus" chargers just to recycle them, why can't consumers be trusted to do the same?

because the retailers need something to upsell you. Cases etc are cheaper online and people won't mind buying those. But cheap chargers still send chills down most consumers backs.

Message 10 of 37