cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPHONE LOST

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I lost my iPhone 5 and I want to ask you guys if my phone is 100% safe. I've told O2 to block sim and phone and default passlock where if the person who has my phone types passlock wrong 10 times he needs to go into iTunes but this is what I want to know. Does he need my icloud email and password to backup my photos , info etc? And if he does choose start from new everything of mine photos , apps , contacts etc will be wiped and there's no way for him to see any of that? And could u guys also give me any ideas to make sure my phone is 100% safe like can I call apple to tell them to wipe everything from my icloud? Pls help
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeh but if he types it 10 wrong times he might restore it to being fresh but do you mean completely fresh like ALL PHOTOS , CONTACTS , APPS AND PAYMENT INFO ETC ALL DELETED LIKE THERE WILL BE NOTHING OF MINE ON THE PHONE

Your iphone will be completley wiped of ALL data 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So I lost my iPhone 5 and I want to ask you guys if my phone is 100% safe. I've told O2 to block sim and phone and default passlock where if the person who has my phone types passlock wrong 10 times he needs to go into iTunes but this is what I want to know. Does he need my icloud email and password to backup my photos , info etc? And if he does choose start from new everything of mine photos , apps , contacts etc will be wiped and there's no way for him to see any of that? And could u guys also give me any ideas to make sure my phone is 100% safe like can I call apple to tell them to wipe everything from my icloud? Pls help

Your iphone will be locked out now.

If they restore via iTunes to try and use it this will wipe all your contents too.

They wont be able to access icloud etc unless you made a note of your apple i.d and password in the notes section and they managed to look at your details. 

Did you have the 4 digit password activated ?

If you feel worried then start changing your passwords now.

The 4 digit password by Apple is one of the strongest security pieces of software on the market.

I honestly believe their is no need to wipe things from icloud.

Most theives and finders of phones are just interested in either selling it on or using it themselves and not in the data on it. Well the ones who dont hand them into the police that is.

When you get your replacement just restore from your icloud back up.

Apple are introducing another security feature in iOS 7 where if someone finds an iphone and tries to use it by restoring they would have to also inut the apple i.d it was paired with to continue using it. Which is about time !

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeh I had 4 digit code but never made it so it will wipe after 10 wrong attempts and no I. 100% sure if not written my email and password and saved it on the phone but if they choose to wipe the phone from iTunes will EVERYTHING BE DELETED? Like photos contacts and all apps and they cannot login onto my icloud without my password which I'm 100% sure no one can guess. So am I safe? O2 has carrier locked my phone so only O2 sim works unless they illegally unblock it
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeh I had 4 digit code but never made it so it will wipe after 10 wrong attempts and no I. 100% sure if not written my email and password and saved it on the phone but if they choose to wipe the phone from iTunes will EVERYTHING BE DELETED? Like photos contacts and all apps and they cannot login onto my icloud without my password which I'm 100% sure no one can guess. So am I safe? O2 has carrier locked my phone so only O2 sim works unless they illegally unblock it

The average finder / thief wouldn't get past the 4 digit lock so don't worry.

If they restored via iTunes then the iphone would be changed back to being like it was fresh out of the box.

All the data on it would be gone.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeh but if he types it 10 wrong times he might restore it to being fresh but do you mean completely fresh like ALL PHOTOS , CONTACTS , APPS AND PAYMENT INFO ETC ALL DELETED LIKE THERE WILL BE NOTHING OF MINE ON THE PHONE
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Your iphone will be completley wiped of ALL data 

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok I feel better and there's no way he can log in to my icloud unless he amazingly guesses my password right?
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok I feel better and there's no way he can log in to my icloud unless he amazingly guesses my password right?

100% correct.

Rest easy.

slight_smile

Message 8 of 8