Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOS 10

nevzy31
Level 4: Observant
  • 98 Posts
  • 27 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

hey guys just asking what are your wishes for iOS 10 what new stuff would you like to see with it. 

Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56

nevzy31
Level 4: Observant
  • 98 Posts
  • 27 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Like one guy said maybe a new look for iOS better notifications a decent update to the maps and the ability to get rid of the annoying Apple preloaded apps that you never use. 

Message 11 of 57

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Well not long to wait now. June 13th is WWDC day.
Message 12 of 57

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Which iPhone are you using right now @nevzy31? One of my devices is an iPhone 6S. The smaller version wink

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 13 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just watched the Keynote. 

Things I am looking forward too are:

Apple Pay on the web. You will be able to authenticate an online purchase with your iPhone, Apple Pay/Touch ID or Apple Watch, basically like when you are in a shop. I think the roll out will take time, but I'm hoping the big name companies (Amazon, Ebay to mention a couple) will be onboard when the new Mac OS Sierra is released in the Autumn.

Universal clipboard. If you select and copy a photo, text amongst other things on your iPhone, iPad, Mac or vice versa. You are able to open an App up on your Mac and paste whatever you have copied on your iPhone, into that particular Mac App. I think this will be something I will use quite often.

Picture in picture (Mac OS Sierra). Works the same way as the iPad, whereby, when you have a video playing, you can move the video window, shrink it, expand it, and it will stop on top of other apps you are using.

Siri on the Mac. Long overdue in my opinion. There are apparantly new features coming to Siri. One of the new features is with Siri been opened up to third party apps (on Mac OS, iOS, tvOS), so hopefully Siri will become more useful.

Raise to wake. This is something I will use, as I find since getting the 6s Plus, the Touch ID works so fast, it shoots you passed all the notifications on your lock screen. With Raise To Wake, you raise your iPhone up and the screen will activate and show any notifications. Also on the subject of notifications, there are interactive notifictions which allow you to respond from within that notification and also additional options with 3D Touch I think.

Redesigned Control Centre. If you slide to the right, there are the music controls, allowing the buttons like NightShift, Camera, AirPlay etc to get a bit more room in the center Control Center menu. Also the today widgets are right there in the lockscreen. With a slide to the left. 

There were quite a few other features, but even Apple didn't get chance or time to go into them in detail. I suppose we will get the extra bits and bobs leaked out by the developers during the next few months. Or, and iOS 10 will be a public beta starting in July.

All in all, a decent Keynote, with some interesting features coming to iOS, Mac OS, tvOS, Watch OS. 

Message 14 of 57

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Raise to wake sounds great @Anonymous slight_smile

Have you noticed the in the recent iOS how opening a new tab in Safari is different? How are you finding it? It's pretty different!

Get involved:

Message 15 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

Raise to wake sounds great @Anonymous slight_smile

Have you noticed the in the recent iOS how opening a new tab in Safari is different? How are you finding it? It's pretty different!

Yeah, Raise To Wake sounds really useful.

Never noticed the difference too be honest @Toby.

I know you can change the behaviour of this if you go into Settings/Safari. See the below screenshots.

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

Message 16 of 57

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Ah ok, thanks for that @Anonymous, I'll take a look now! I'll also sticky this thread so that any iOS users can easily see the discussion.

Get involved:

Message 17 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

Ah ok, thanks for that @Anonymous, I'll take a look now! I'll also sticky this thread so that any iOS users can easily see the discussion.

Fantastic

Message 18 of 57

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I am not an iPhone user but just read this regarding the keynote speech. Apparently iOS 10 has 10 new features.

Also, the emoji's for iMessage are 'now on steroids' according to the article.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3083126/ios/ios-10-is-here-imessage-on-emoji-steroids-and-the-most-th...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 57

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anyone expecting anything innotive from Apple with this is may be disappointed.

Message 20 of 57