cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOS 10 using more Data

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone else noticed their data being drained since updating to the new IOS 10?

I have been with O2 for 18 months and never got close to using my Data each month but since updating to the new IOS 10 I have received one warning about by Data Limit and just checked today and will be running out before the end of the month.

I havent been using my phone any differently i.e. not been senting GIF's or drawings etc by text that could use data.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Which application is using data the most?
Look in settings to see.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure "WiFi Assist" is turned off in the settings

Message 3 of 22

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Not noticed any changes and was on the beta for months 

as said drill down to see what apps etc are using it settings> mobile data scroll down 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 22

Gib192
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have also noticed this, last night I received a text to say that my data usage is full and that I would need to either upgrade my data or get a 'bolt-on'.  Reason I got given was that the apps are now using more data to update, despite the fact that I don't have that many and have since deleted some, but also do not download videos/music and very few photos, so not sure where my data has gone as nothing has really changed? Could not give me any other reason! feel slightly 'had' really!

Message 5 of 22

Gib192
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

And yes my 'Wifi Assist' is turned off, I will turn off all mobile data at night in future as that is apparently when all the updates happen!

Message 6 of 22

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
as adam says, check to see what has used the data.
also check for known issues (wifi assist being one) and see if they are updating in the background constantly and/or through mobile rather than wifi.
facebook is notorious for chomping through allowances at a rate, but streaming services (youtube, spotify, etc) can contribute to the problem.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 22

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The system updates the days data usage overnight so it won't stop the data use being reported at midnight, just like everyone else's does.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 22

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 9 of 22

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
As far as I have seen @jonsie yes
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 10 of 22