cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Phone 7 not turning on

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone been having problems with their I-Phone 7 not turning on or powering up, the battery was getting very hot before it stopped working? very expensive equipment that not working after only 8 months.  

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Something not right with that.
I'd give apple a call https://support.apple.com/en-gb/contact
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Something not right with that.
I'd give apple a call https://support.apple.com/en-gb/contact
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke to O2 tonight due to the phone only being 8 months old, Apple Store could not even plug in and read the phone due to it not powering up, but because the phone is only 8 months old, apple said that I should ask for a new replacement from the supplying provider O2. I want a new replacement under the consumer right act. Apple will only give a reconditioned.  

just waiting to see how good the customer service is with O2 after 10 plus years loyalty and 3 pay monthly contracts  

Message 3 of 13

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You won't get brand new from o2 after 8 months I'm afraid.
Consumer law states that you can have a new phone inside the first 30 days but after that it's repair or reconditioned.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous O2 won't replace. They will send it away for repair which is their duty. I'd visit your nearest Apple Store & let them check it out 

Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Capture.PNG

Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Confirms what we said above.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

That does not mean that they definitely have to replace. It's usually 3 times sent away to repair for the same fault before they consider a replacement. 

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

It confirms I have given O2 the opportunity to correct the problem as they were the selling agent of the i phone and i have stated that i would like a new replacement.

If O2 decide to repair this i phone and the iphone goes wrong again i can ask for a refund by law.

Message 10 of 13