Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotspot

JR2926
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have an iPhone 6, I turn on my hotspot ‘to allows to join’ But my laptop doesn’t always find it. When it eventually does after turning my hotspot on and off again, it always tries to connect to then says it is unable to connect. Any ideas on how to connect my devices to my hotspot? I still have lots of data on my phone (30gb) Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@JR2926 

Try changing the settings on laptop.

Turn off metered connection if on.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

JR2926
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
That didn’t work unfortunately, on the the hotspot section of my phone settings it says that ‘hotspot will allow you to connect to devices signed into your iCloud’ does that mean I need to be signed into my iCloud on my laptop for it to work?
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@JR2926 wrote:
That didn’t work unfortunately, on the the hotspot section of my phone settings it says that ‘hotspot will allow you to connect to devices signed into your iCloud’ does that mean I need to be signed into my iCloud on my laptop for it to work?

No, that continues to say "without entering the password"

Have you moved the slider across next to "allow others to join" ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

JR2926
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes I have slid it across to day allow others to join
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Sounding more like an issue with the laptop @JR2926 

Make sure all updates are installed and restart laptop.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6