cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High data usage on iphone 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - never used the forum before as I am a new customer, but have twice tried 02 customer service on this and got nowhere. So, here goes... I have had my iphone 5 for just over a month. It is mostly used by my daughter who likes to imessage her friends. She also uses a few apps lightly, mostly games and photo creators etc. She doesn't use facebook or twitter and has no access to email. However, within the first two weeks of having it, 02 tells us she has used 1.75Gb of data. And I just can't figure out how this has happened. I am no expert on all things mobile, but have installed an Onavo app which tells me she has barely used 100kb. I got her an additional 500mb when the message came through from 02 and it was gone in a couple of days. she had hardly used anything and was messaging over wifi.

Can anyone suggest what might be using so much data?

Thanks

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is a brilliant reply. This level of advice really ought to be included as standard in Apple support - lots of people have this problem; the question crops up time and time again, but most 'advice' is much less helpful than yours. Thanks very much.

Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you update to ios7 you can see per app data usage in settings>cellular data, so no app required. It also lets you block individual apps from using mobile data.
Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Excellent work , chaps. Just done all the suggestions as i have used 125 MB in 4 days and only switching the data on when i needed it!
Message 13 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144776 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
That's good news - It should help your battery a lot too slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm happy to hear things have got better for you. slight_smile
Message 15 of 15