Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gifting an apple watch

Mandypandy22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently ordered an Apple Watch to gift. Couldn’t get past the checkout without associating it with my phone number. Can I still gift this even though it’s associated with my number? It’s for my husband. Will he be able to sync his phone with the watch? Tried talking to someone at o2 but could not understand them. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147034 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28283 Solutions

@Mandypandy22 

He can use it but without cellular functions so as long as his phone is nearby it will be OK, it just won't work if he leaves his phone at home for example.

To clear it from your account to allow a cellular connection, you would have to pay off the watch in full. We usually advise buying direct from Apple in these cases.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

Mandypandy22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks so much for your help. Way more helpful than speaking to o2 ans messaging them. Going to return watch and buy direct from Apple x

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147034 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28283 Solutions

You're welcome @Mandypandy22 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4