cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gamblin blockers

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to block gamblin sites on my iphone 5, which softwere is thier available, i know i cant use gamblock, n k9 n safe eyes are rubbish, i need a proper gamblin blocker, any 1 help. Thank u.
Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Haha it's apples fault their software locks everything out of accessing key functions.

Makes it safer but harder to build useful apps:(.

I wish you the best of luck mate:) you'll get there!
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
The only thing that could work would be opendns but that would only affect wifi access.

You could ask O2 to reinstate your 18+ filter.

Unfortunatly apps still circumvent this I believe.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could easily not go on them or search for them, no need to block them as its the persons will not the phones fault

Message 3 of 14

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Some people do have trouble with things like this so its understandable the question came up eventually.

Please just admire that the op is strong enough to be asking for help. They appear to be trying to help themselves.
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks liquid for tryner help. Stuart obviuosly doesnt understand addiction. Thanks both 4 ur input anyway!
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, there's no harm in asking o2 to block 18+ content and if you feel you need the other sites then call up and ask them to take it back off.

This can be useful as it takes up to 2 days to remove so you can't have it taken off in the spur of the moment.

Message 6 of 14

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

Great point opium:)

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/k9-web-protection-browser/id407657840?mt=8

Just found this app which can block specific pages but requires you to disable safari. If you have a friend you trust to keep you on the straight and narrow then get them to input a password to stop you turning on safari again.

It works the same as safari does dw.

just thinking actually if your happy to let your friend do that for you then you could also prevent iTunes from installing over 17+ apps (which all gambling apps are) very few other apps are 17+ content.

shame I can't remotely set it for you:( I know how difficult beating addiction can be and it does help having someone who doesn't know you holding the reigns (as to say) so you can guilt them into backing down from helping you.

Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks liquid. I know the app your talking about k9. I'll prob have 2 do that, its prob best im gona get. Just frustrates me, thiers no softwere 2 just block gambling websites 4 iphone, but u can do it 4 ur laptop n computer. I'll av 2 get a rubbish phone nxt time, wat jus calls n receives txt lol.
Message 8 of 14

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Haha it's apples fault their software locks everything out of accessing key functions.

Makes it safer but harder to build useful apps:(.

I wish you the best of luck mate:) you'll get there!
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks liquid for tryner help. Stuart obviuosly doesnt understand addiction. Thanks both 4 ur input anyway!

i do understand actually, i was just meaning it was also a case of willpower as well

Message 10 of 14