Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent locations help.

RetiredSideman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have had my iPhone 6 running latest iOS since the 3rd and set up the frequent locations option straight away. Since then it has logged 6 entries, 4 for home and 2 for work.

I understand the traffic feature where it advises me how long it will take to get to a frequent location based on my patterns will not start working for about 2 weeks of constantly doing the same thing but for a few days now it has not logged any new locations even though I haven't changed my timetables. Even today I logged maybe 7 hours to where I study and this still hasn't updated.

I haven't changed any of the settings since I first got it so not sure why my locations are not being logged.

I can confirm I have location services on and also frequent locations on. Nothing changed.

Can someone advice me?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'm guessing it works in a similar way to Google Now on Android, in which case it will take a while to build up your database...
Once it get's your patterns and locations worked out it will throw out suggestions even if you just go to the local store, so what I'm saying is you may have to do the same journey a couple of times before it logs the possibility that you might be interested in it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

RetiredSideman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Bump.

I'll try give it a lil longer.

Any other advice?
Message 4 of 4