cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EU call

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I understood from the O2 text message that from mid june all EU call will be considered as "your UK usual allowence" :

"calls, texts, and data you use in our Europe Zonz are at no extra cost"

"It ll feel just like home"

However I paid for all calls in France for roughly £100 !!

is there something I miss ?? I thought it was pretty clear

thanks in advance

Thierry

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Welcome to the o2 forum.

just a few things to check.  Are you on contract or PAYG?

next question is do you have allowances, like free mins, SMS and dat etc.

you don't get free calls while in EU,  you take your home allowance with you,

somif if you get 200 mins and 500 SMS. Then this is what you take with you.  But if you go over then all you are charged is the same as you would in the uk.

if you do have allowances and you think you have been overcharged then you need to speak to customer care.  

But it you need to ensure that if you do get allowances that you used them in France as you would in the uk.

0870 and 0845 numbers are chargeable as they are in the uk.

hope this makes sense

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Welcome to the o2 forum.

just a few things to check.  Are you on contract or PAYG?

next question is do you have allowances, like free mins, SMS and dat etc.

you don't get free calls while in EU,  you take your home allowance with you,

somif if you get 200 mins and 500 SMS. Then this is what you take with you.  But if you go over then all you are charged is the same as you would in the uk.

if you do have allowances and you think you have been overcharged then you need to speak to customer care.  

But it you need to ensure that if you do get allowances that you used them in France as you would in the uk.

0870 and 0845 numbers are chargeable as they are in the uk.

hope this makes sense

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126378 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous You can check My O2 for a breakdown of costs. This will show if you have exceeded your allowances.

If this doesn't help you then ring customer services to check https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149953 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
It applies when roaming only, not to call from uk to France. So if I'm uk you pay the full international rate I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous how's your Thursday going? Sorry to hear you had unexpected charges on your bill! Did you get a chance to check all the information given above (thanks @darrengf@Cleoriff@MI5 !)? How are you getting on?

Message 5 of 5