cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading Apps over Data

Anonymous
Not applicable
Heyies peep slight_smile

Got a question, I am having issues with downloading apps via data but have no issues with downloading them over WiFi, is there a setting or something I am missing thought never had this issue before thought again more detail the app appears on screen but doesn’t actually download.
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Why would you want to waste your data to download an app? If you're not having problems using WiFi, wait until you have access to that. An app download can't be that important that it can't wait until you can download it for free.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Why would you want to waste your data to download an app? If you're not having problems using WiFi, wait until you have access to that. An app download can't be that important that it can't wait until you can download it for free.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous   As @Bambino says, using Wifi is the way to go but if you have no Wifi (and a large amount of data in your tariff to waste) then you better look at clearing those apps you don't use to create more space. Also according to the Apple forums any large app will struggle to download using only mobile data

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6695953

Certainly though, a stable wifi connection is the best way to download any app

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you have App Store set to on in mobile data? Most of the time because of the data signal won’t be strong enough or consistent to be able to download a large app & that’s why your having trouble. Leave downloading apps until you have a WiFi connection
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Do you get any error messages pop up on screen when trying over mobile data.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okie Data downloading bad idea.

WiFi where I am is few and far between and where I live its debatable like it’s crying out for TLC.

I use Data a lot I did go from a 20GB Tarffi to a 5GB one

Think it’s my iPhone gonna get a better one when my contract runs out.
Message 6 of 8

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous   As @Bambino says, using Wifi is the way to go but if you have no Wifi (and a large amount of data in your tariff to waste) then you better look at clearing those apps you don't use to create more space. Also according to the Apple forums any large app will struggle to download using only mobile data

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6695953

Certainly though, a stable wifi connection is the best way to download any app

Hi   Im newish to smartphone and have a simple structured M9500, but it does have android setting too. How does one clear unwanted apps ? Under what settings Or under Google settings?   Most apps were from Google i cant find a way to uninstall the already set up apps even tho I'll never use some . 

PS  I also have an Experia android  data tablet, same query about that too

Thanks

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Jenny105 

In settings is a section called Apps or Applications.

If you open each one, any that can be deleted, will have an uninstall option.

Not all can be deleted but may give a disable option instead.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8