Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage by app

James82
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there - does anyone know if there is any way to see data usage by app on the O2 mobile app?

I'm sure I stumbled across something last night that showed me how much data had been used by each app, but I can't seem to find it this morning! 

I'm pretty sure it was the O2 app where I found the information and not in my phone settings - has anybody got any ideas?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

chrisymon
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

On the my o2 app there shoulds be 3 round circles which you can drag right to left or vice versa. Its on the main page as soon as you open app. make surew you have the lastest version, just goto app updates and check

the 3 circles should contain texts, calls  then data usage.

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 2 of 10

James82
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, that doesn't show me a breakdown of data usage by app though. If I click on to the data circle it just shows me how much I have left, whereas Im sure I have previously been able to see a breakdown which showed how much each app on my phone was using?

Message 3 of 10

chrisymon
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Then once you have located data usage click on breakdown for the month you require. Will not show what apps but will show data usage for that day only.

App usage data done by your phone only.

iewing data usage
  1. Press Settings.
  2. Press Wireless & networks.
  3. Press Mobile data.
  4. The total data usage is displayed.
  5. Press Data usage ranking.
  6. The data usage for each application is displayed below the name of the application. See how to turn mobile data on or off.
"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 4 of 10

James82
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok, thanks for your help.

Really not sure what breakdown I managed to find yesterday, it was pretty cool though - not only had each app's usage but, if I remember correctly, also by day and time of day. I'll post an update if I find it again!

Message 5 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Your phone settings will give you breakdown by app usage.
Settings >Mobile data.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 10

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Your phone settings will give you breakdown by app usage.
Settings >Mobile data.

Yes I just looked on my phone in there, did it look like this one @James82 what you were seeing by any chance? slight_smile I can't find any dates/times there though.

MyApps.png

Message 7 of 10

James82
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey, thanks for the help on this.

Rather embarrasingly, I actually found out today that I was looking at my phone's breakdown for battery usage, not data! No wonder I couldn't find it! As you probably already know, the information on battery usage is quite extensive.

Bit of a gap in the market for an app developer who could develop something similar but for data..?

Message 8 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

There already is.

3G Watchdog gives a running record of data usage and the amount used by each app.

Highly recommend this for you and anyone who is data conscious.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.rgruet.android.g3watchdog&hl=en_GB

Alternative for ios

https://alternativeto.net/software/my-data-manager--data-usage/

Message 9 of 10

James82
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, will check it out

Message 10 of 10