cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 1 gb of data each month for the last few years this has always been sufficient for my purposes.  My month starts on 20 of each month. At 5 minutes past midnight on 21 December I was sent a text stating I had used all my data. Strange in one day.  I have looked on my usage and it states I have used it on "idata.o2.co.uk".  I have tried to find out what this is from the chatline and have been told they cannot tell me what this is.  Does anyone else know what this is?  I have an iphonec and my mobile data is always switched off when I am using wi fi.  Please help

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

1 if on ios 7 you can see what is using data and reset it each billing cycle settings>mobile/cellular> scroll down.

2 Idata is just the access point name (apn ) that all data goes through.

If not on ios7 there are apps that can break down usage

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

The O2 system uploads and updates the system every day at midnight and shows the data used during that day. It's possible that apps are constantly updating and wifi switches off and uses mobile data when the phone sleeps.

Is your mobile data switched off also at night time?

Message 2 of 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

1 if on ios 7 you can see what is using data and reset it each billing cycle settings>mobile/cellular> scroll down.

2 Idata is just the access point name (apn ) that all data goes through.

If not on ios7 there are apps that can break down usage

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147102 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions
Look in the phones settings under date usage and see what has used your data. Remember to reset the stats on your phone each billing cycle.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Make sure you are closing your apps down properly otherwise they will run in the background and eat up your data  (double click home button and swipe upwards the apps you want to close)

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 6