Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact sync

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Dear Apple genius's (geniie?) How do I get my wife's contacts off her Nokia (backed up with PC suite) to an iphone 4s please?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

The guide I used is here;

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Setting-up-access-to-Virgin-Media-NTLWORLD-email-on-iPhone...

Hope this works:)

brief extract for your specific need is to put a wrong password in then allow it to verify. After which you'll be able to get into the advance settings via general>mail(virgin media account)>advanced all the port and specifics are in there:)

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Easiest one I know of is to sync contacts from pc suit to outlook, then import the contacts into iTunes and then sync to phone:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 13

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:
Easiest one I know of is to sync contacts from pc suit to outlook, then import the contacts into iTunes and then sync to phone:)

That's the way I used. Just exported to outlook and imported to the iphone.:smileyhappy:

Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Righto, done that thanks, now the next one.... How do I set up an email account manually? I can't get a virginmedia account to load, just says verifying for ages and can't see how to input port settings manually???
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Unfortunatly I don't know off a way to set port settings until after the account has verified (useless I know)

Is it an old ntl one like mine?
Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Yes it's an @ntlworld.com name but on android I have to enter @virginmedia.com and then chose manual and I can set ports and all bits individually....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

The guide I used is here;

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Setting-up-access-to-Virgin-Media-NTLWORLD-email-on-iPhone...

Hope this works:)

brief extract for your specific need is to put a wrong password in then allow it to verify. After which you'll be able to get into the advance settings via general>mail(virgin media account)>advanced all the port and specifics are in there:)

Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Well that makes sense - enter the wrong details first then it will work wink

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Nope that doesn't work. It doesn't open up any advanced settings. The only "go back" option is "cancel" which deletes the account so you can't get into it through the general tab and to top it all it sits verifying for at least half an hour before it gives up with no way to back up or cancel it !!!!

Currently using:
Message 9 of 13

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Haha thus is the iOS way:(

Right hmm, ill check it out see if I can find another way:)
Message 10 of 13