cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete and utter incomptetence on the part of O2!!!

ChrisUKDurham
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So after a discussion with O2 online chat last night i was advised my phone (iphone 6, 64gb space grey)was now in stock and would be dispatched within 7-10 days, great i thought, finally progress after i have waited since the 20th September!  I then asked them to confirm that i read them right and that it was definitely in stock and it was definitely being processed for dispatch, yes you are correct they confirmed.

About half an hour later an email arrives, your order is being processed and will be despatched shortly, excelent i think this just confirms my conversation i have just had.

Today i receive a text from O2, Were sorry but your Iphone 6 hasnt come in yet, as soon as it arrives we'll let you know, until then we'll update you weekly!!!

I phone O2 and think maybe its just a wrong automated text message, the operator speaks to the relevant departments and comes back to me to confirm that the text message is correct, my phone isnt in stock and she has been advised to tell me that it may be another 2-3 weeks before i receive it!!!!! bearing in mmidn my original date was 1-3 weeks from date of order.

Do O2 seriously have any idea what they are doing??? Is there any level of competence throughout the company whatsoever?

I am now left thinking 2 things - have O2 suddenly decided today to give my order to somebody else instead because they maybe shouted louder than me? Or, did they just tell me a pack of lies last night just to get rid of yet another angry customer who they have stolen money from but not delivered the promised goods when they promised they would?

Surely trading standards/OFCOM must have some kind of law against these type of practices?

The only form of compensation i have been offered is that they will honour the price of my O2 recycle quote which so far is £5 difference (i may yet still have to argue this one with them!), and the 41 day airtime refund which by the time i have received my phone will be well over 41 days!

I really hope somebod from O2 read this as you deserve to be told what an incompetent bunch of morons you really are!

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Chris I am in the exact same position as you and am just as angry at the incompetence of o2.

Message 11 of 20

ChrisUKDurham
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just to add insult to injury no longer than 30 minutes after my call to O2 i received another email stating my order is being processed and will be despatched shortly (this is now the second one i have been sent), despite only just being told it is not in stock and could take 2-3 weeks, the level of incompetence just seems to be growing and growing!!

What is strangest of all is that i always seem to be sent this email shortly after speaking to somebody at O2?!!! 

i am currently on hold to O2 to try and find out which version of their fairytale is true?!

Be interesting to see if i get another email not long after my call with them.

Message 12 of 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

There's a link in the first post of this thread to air your complaint to Watchdog:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Been-lied-to-about-your-iphone-6-delivery...

It may not get you your phone any quicker, but it's worth complaining there, particularly if enough people unhappy with the situation do the same.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly the same thing has happened to me. I had a discussion on o2 chat... I was asking could I switch from the 64gb version I'd been waiting for well over 2 weeks for to the 128gb version... no answer to that question but the guy said he would make my original order a priority... yeah right! I got the email just like you describe... and then today I get the text telling me I'll get the weekly update. I'll be waiting a month now and when I ordered it was supposed to be 2 weeks. What annoys me is that I've paid for something I don't have and it doesn't look like I'll have anytime soon.

Message 14 of 20

ChrisUKDurham
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh it gets better!! 

I phoned o2 as is aid and i was told my order is expected to be in on friday and it should be with me within 24 hours of coming in, then i received an email about 10 minutes ago telling me my order hasnt come in yet!!

the chain of communications so far is as follows:

Ordered iphone 20th September pay £260 promised delivery 1-3 weeks

Receive a text 29th telling me its delayed

receive a text 30th tellign me its delayed

receive a text 2/10 tellign me its delayed

receive a text 7/10 tellign me its delayed

Then it gets good.......

Speak to O2 online yesterday 14/10 and am told it is in stock and will be with me in 7-10 days

Receive a text today at 11:52 telling me it isnt in stock and it is still delayed

Speak to O2 today at 13:05 who confirm it is still delayed and i will be waiting another 2-3 weeks

Receive an email at 13:45 telling me my order is being processed and will be despatched shortly

Speak to O2 at 15:30 and they tell me order is going to be with me Saturday

Receive an email at 19:20 telling me my phone hasnt come in yet and they will keep me updated every week

If this isnt the ultmate definition of incompetent morons then i dont know what is! i am totally dumbfounded at the minute and now do not believe a single word they say to me!

Message 15 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Incompetent bunch of morons" is almost complementary considering how bad O2's customer services really are...

Message 16 of 20

ChrisUKDurham
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am totally left for words at the minute i just cant believe a company of this size has made such a monumental balls up of this magnitude 

Message 17 of 20

stu2510
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Cancel your order then?

And they haven'y stolen your money, you handed it over willingly, yes there's been a delay in delivery, but they certainly haven't stolen anything from you.

As I say, if you're that unhappy, cancel your order, go somewhere else, and wait just as long, if not longer with them.

Message 18 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazing how magnanimous you become when you've already got your phone eh?

Message 19 of 20

ChrisUKDurham
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

bridge i agree with you! People who havent been made to wait up to and over 4 weeks after paying for a product obviously dnt get the frustration we are goign through!

Message 20 of 20