cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from HTC to IPhone on O2 PAYG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi my daughter has upgraded her contract phone and has given me her old IPhone 4, she was on an O2 contract, I am currently using an HTC Wildfire on a PAYG O2 contract, will I be able to get the IPhone set up with all my numbers etc. and keep the same PAYG deal?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your payg tariff won't be affected.

Just need the correct sized SIM card for the iPhone which is a micro sim.
These can be sent to you by O2 or picked up from an O2 store. They will action the sim transfer in house for you which moves your number and tariff to the blank micro sim. Network services return in approx 24 hours.

Make sure you have the iPhone data settings and your good to go.

Just text ACTIVE to. 2020 to get the settings. Save and turn the phone off and on.

If the iPhone 4 has iOS 7 on it then ask your daughter to go into settings, general , reset , erase all content and settings where she will be prompted to key in her Apple ID. You can them set up your own Apple ID and key it in.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your payg tariff won't be affected.

Just need the correct sized SIM card for the iPhone which is a micro sim.
These can be sent to you by O2 or picked up from an O2 store. They will action the sim transfer in house for you which moves your number and tariff to the blank micro sim. Network services return in approx 24 hours.

Make sure you have the iPhone data settings and your good to go.

Just text ACTIVE to. 2020 to get the settings. Save and turn the phone off and on.

If the iPhone 4 has iOS 7 on it then ask your daughter to go into settings, general , reset , erase all content and settings where she will be prompted to key in her Apple ID. You can them set up your own Apple ID and key it in.
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable