Did you mean: 

Cant send texts to one number in my contacts

M_K
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

Hoping someone can help with an long term issue on my iphone 7. There are a couple of numbers in my contacts list (non iphones) that i can receive texts from but cannot send. The phone tries to send as text message but i keep getting the message 'not delivered !' in red.

We have done all the obvious things of restarting, checking the contact has not been blocked, setting the contact as mobile rather than iphone (they are on android). There are other contacts on the phone with an android profile and they work fine?

Any ideas? Could the recipient phone be the problem? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_K I have this problem occasionally, it’s usually down to signal congestion or the phone has no signal 

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Ask them to check if they have accidentally blocked you and also check their number in your contacts and make sure they are not set as iPhones.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

M_K
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I get this occasionally on other texts - usually a ;try again' sorts it out. but texts to this one number never get delivered no matte how many times i send and over what period.

Message 4 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @M_K, as it's been a while since you last posted, I wanted to ask if you found out what the issue was with the text messages? Would the earlier suggestions from our members explain it? Let us know if you found out anything more as it might end up helping others later if they're experiencing similar issues. slight_smile

Message 5 of 5