Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from Russian Numbers

CARRIE4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am receiving calls from Russian numbers from people who are actually saved in my contacts. It is happening with at least 3 people in my contacts list. They call me and it shows as coming from Russia and so I don’t know who it is calling. But if I go to their saved number in contacts I can make calls to their direct number. iPhone 12 Pro with up to date IOS. Please help.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@CARRIE4 

These are probably calls from scammers who spoof numbers to hide their identity.

Nothing can be done to stop these at the moment. They usually move on to some other number quite quickly.

Number spoofing scams - Ofcom

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

CARRIE4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you, however, They are my friends who are calling me. 3 people in my contacts showing as numbers calling from Russia when they ring me.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144334 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@CARRIE4 

Sounds like your contacts app may be corrupt.

I'd try deleting those contacts and then save them again to see if it helps.

I had a problem whereby I lost a lot of my contacts and had to restore them from a back up so it's not unusual for issues like this to occur.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4