cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burley in Wharfedale

Anonymous
Not applicable
No phone signal for weeks. Comes on every now and then. This site says they are working on a mast but no dates etc. I guess they don't mind if people leave. My son has a 3 Mobile so maybe time to switch
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can ask customer services to keep you updated via text or email on how the masts are coming along.

o2 Customer Services Link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Unfortunately O2 don't give timeframes on repair or upgrades on masts. Parts , engineers , weather and access to land all play a part.
Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23039 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

O2 will not give a fixed time for repair, which is understandable. They would be held to account if they did. I doubt that any network's policy is different. If you think you can get better service and signal from a different network, then you should switch. That should always be the first priority.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144097 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Are you out of contract?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
No phone signal for weeks. Comes on every now and then. This site says they are working on a mast but no dates etc. I guess they don't mind if people leave. My son has a 3 Mobile so maybe time to switch

hi @Anonymous  = good to hear from someone on here near me in Skipton, although I'm sure you'd much rather not have the need to contact the O2 Community..... I cannot personally give you any tech advice, that I leave it to those people here who are well techie minded, & give most excellent advice. I hope you get the problem sorted quickly slight_smile

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I'm out of contract and I run a company from home without a mobile phone :((
Message 6 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23039 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

Your first consideration should be coverage and signal strength in the areas you need to have your mobile working. As you're out of contract, try all the networks using Pay & Go sims from each, and see which network serves you best. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144097 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes I'm out of contract and I run a company from home without a mobile phone :((

That's Ok then.

Didn't want you to get hit with any cancellation charges 😞

Try out the PAYG sim cards for signal as Bambino has suggested before jumping ship.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 9 of 9