Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Battery

Wendy2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My iphone is only 10months old and it can barely hold a charge for a day.  I am 45 years old so its not like im facebooking, instagramming or whatever is trendy now 24/7.  I have wifi at home so i dont use my phone.  I have apps yes but I am quite confident this is far less than a teenager.  This phone is waste of money as i am guessing i will have to buy a new one.

Not acceptable at all!

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Wendy2 

See here for advice and how to check the health of your battery https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208387

Apple will only replace it free if defective, otherwise there is a charge.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22945 Posts
  • 1023 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@Wendy2 The phone is still under warranty. I suggest taking it to an Apple store rather than going through O2 repairs.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Wendy2 

See here for advice and how to check the health of your battery https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208387

Apple will only replace it free if defective, otherwise there is a charge.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Wendy2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Cheers, I will take it on my return to the UK in october.  I temporarily live in Canada so you can imagine my frustration.  

Message 4 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22945 Posts
  • 1023 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Wendy2  I'm not certain if iPhone warranties are worldwide, but it couldn't hurt to take it into an Apple store in Canada, if you have one nearby. The worst they could tell you is you have to sort it when you get back to the UK. No point waiting if they could help you there.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 5