Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple private relay

Meadian
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can’t seem to see the options mentioned on Apple’s guide to Private Relay under the setting for Mobile data for O2. Am I missing sonmething?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Meadian 

Apple guide here https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT212614

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Meadian
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, turned that on but this apple

support page has further info

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/iphone/iph3dd5f213/15.0/ios/15.0

which seems to suggest that you should see options under each Wi-Fi network (which does appear) and the cellular (mobile) network - which I can’t see and options for. How do I know it is working for my data connection?

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Meadian 

Edited to add quote from Apple.

Turn off Private Relay just for a specific Wi-Fi network or mobile data plan: For Wi-Fi, go to Settings > Wi-Fi, then tap the More Info button 

next to the Wi-Fi network. Or for mobile networks, go to Settings > Mobile > Mobile Data Options.

If you turn off Private Relay for a specific network, the setting for that network applies to all your devices for which Private Relay is turned on.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Meadian 

It has a different name, under each WiFi Network it is called "Limit IP Address Tracking"

It is the same under Mobile Data but you need to click on your Data Plan then scroll to the bottom of the screen and look for the same option "LImit IP Address Tracking"

Just to add though I am on the Dev Beta's for IOS, so this feature may have been removed or coming soon.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 6

Meadian
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, I can turn private relay (addresses) on or off for my various Wi-Fi connections so I know it is working in general but what I see under the mobile data bears no resemblance to the apple support document. I know private relay is flagged as beta but I am not seeing the Limit ip tracking options you mention under my mobile data options. I am running iOs 15.2. After reports that some telecoms companies want to remove private relay as is stops them know what users are doing I wanted to know that o2 were respecting the private relay settings. 

Message 6 of 6