cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple care plus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
I've tried getting more information on this subject but there seems to be a lot of conflicting information.
I'm in two minds weather to purchase applecare+ or stay with the policy with my bank.
My bank doesn't cover liquid damage but covers accidental and theft. I know AppleCare doesn't support theft or loss but I can't find any information on weather it covers water damage.
Does anybody on here know the answer to this or is there anything that another provider that may cover these. The advantage with Apple is you can walk in and have the phone replaced which I've only ever done once and to be honest can't complain. I've never had the need to claim from the policy with my bank so am thinking which will be the best route to take.
Thanks in advance guys
Ash
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, the same with me it came out of a plain box that was replaced a few days later as it had a problem with the mic and that was out of a plain box too
Message 21 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it's in a black or white box then its a mint refurb which should have been tested and if required the casing swapped out.

If your within their 14 day cooling off period at apple then they swap it out with a brand new unit.
Message 22 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got my replacement 6 plus yesterday from O2 the original was just absolutely littered with problems the replacement too k 4 weeks but is brand new as I reported it faulty within the 14 days. So if we have a 24 month contract why are O2 only covering for 12 months warranty doesn't make sense but with other handsets like Samsung and HTC they are covered through the full term of the contract
Message 23 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

It has been a topic of conversation before my friend.

It's up to O2 what warranty they attach.

And then it's up to the manufacturer what manufacturers warranty they add.

Apple does have 12 months but one can add apple care + but at a cost.

Samsung for example attach a 24 month warranty.

A link of possible interest. http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Guide-Differance-between-SOGA-and-warranty-exten...
Message 24 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, thanks for that I've only recently started using the forum again after a while so apologies if it's been discussed before. So technically the last 12 months of the contract it buffered if you don't have some sort of extra cover. Insurance to go seem a good option and costs same as Apple care so might take that up
Message 25 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apologies for typo meant for the last 12 months of the contract your buggered if you don't have some sort of cover
Message 26 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

No apologies required.

I just hinted so you could use the search function to pull some threads up if your interested.

Apple do offer an out of warranty service where a one off charge is made for a mint refurb.

The cost depends on the iPhone involved.

So theirs always an avenue of choice.

It's under express replacement service here ->

http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=United_Kingdom&product=iphone
Message 27 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122892 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Certainly no apologies required @Anonymous 

The forum design has changed massively over the last year or so..

Personally I don't find the search function very helpful. Some other members have also indicated the same...

Better to have you posting here, than going away and trying somewhere else....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lol, yes can get confusing that's why I just asked the question
😳😳
Message 29 of 29