cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple care plus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
I've tried getting more information on this subject but there seems to be a lot of conflicting information.
I'm in two minds weather to purchase applecare+ or stay with the policy with my bank.
My bank doesn't cover liquid damage but covers accidental and theft. I know AppleCare doesn't support theft or loss but I can't find any information on weather it covers water damage.
Does anybody on here know the answer to this or is there anything that another provider that may cover these. The advantage with Apple is you can walk in and have the phone replaced which I've only ever done once and to be honest can't complain. I've never had the need to claim from the policy with my bank so am thinking which will be the best route to take.
Thanks in advance guys
Ash
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
They were the cheapest at the time that I could find, it was straight forward slight_smile found reviews and things on money saving expert website and the access is £50 - £75 for iPhone slight_smile all in all a pretty good deal they cover theft, liquid damage, accidental damage etc there's a lot have to look it up and that's the full cover so that's why it's £70 a month
Message 11 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds good.

I nearly took on ProtectMyBubble until I looked at the small print ref paying it up if paying by monthly instalments ,and that they replace phones with a similar aged one. Not new. (It may have changed now)

I wondered where they'd get say an 8 month old iPhone from to supply !

Good to hear your happy with your choice. 😄
Message 12 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Now with Insurance2go it says they will get you to send the handset to get repaired but if it can't be repaired then they will replace with either a refurbished or new handset depending. And that sometimes colour may be compromised
Message 13 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's sound better than PYB then.

What does it "depend "on wether you get a refurbished or new handset ?
Message 14 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
That I'm not too sure about. Maybe stock levels of refurbished?
Message 15 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Am I correct in thinking Apple replace with returns too? Apologies if I'm wrong
Message 16 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122376 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have my phone insured with my building society.......I have been with them for years and the offer was excellent. No excess and a replacement phone as quickly as possibly.

Please note this is a bonus type account...only eligible for long term customers.. So there are some benefits to getting older it seems...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apple only replace if it can't be fixed and if the phone is still under warrantee
Message 18 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
@cutekitty sorry what I meant was Do Apple replace with new or refurbs I had my iPhone 5S replaced about 3 months after its release but didn't ask if it was a refurb or new.
Message 19 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I deffo feel they use refurb. I had one once too and asked and he kept beating around the bush. It came out of some plain cardboard box not retail packaging and I asked so is this a brand new one and he goes well of course it's new. Hmmmm
Message 20 of 29