cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple admit Iphone shortage (not O2's fault)

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://fortune.com/2016/09/15/initial-stock-of-apples-iphone-7-plus-has-sold-out/

from this o2 page http://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/iphone-offers

Until Apple make more the issue is fully at the feet of apple.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Naywa01
Level 3: Thinker
  • 46 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
@Anonymous I asked that question about click and collect to CS today and was assured that they are allocated as ordered. However your experience would seem to contradict that...
Message 11 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Naywa01 wrote:
@Anonymous I asked that question about click and collect to CS today and was assured that they are allocated as ordered. However your experience would seem to contradict that...

My brothers order was for home delivery. I was told by O2 via Twitter that click and collect were processed in the exact same way as online orders for delivery.

But alas, it appears that they are a lower priority in real life.

Message 12 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm

So they take orders and cash with no information given that supply is lacking

Are we just supposed to devine this information ourselves ? 

O2 are equally to blame, they are taking the cash

Message 13 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

My biggest frustration with O2 is that how they use the stock they do have is in their own hands and they seem to be making plenty available in store for walk in customers. If pre-ordering isnt giving any benefit people may as well just go back to queuing around the block to go in store.

Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm more angry about how O2 have handled the situtaion.  I understand that they have been let down by Apple but that is no excuse for not informing customers who have pre-ordered on the first day, who where given the 16th as a delivery date. O2 are claiming they notified everyone effected but they have not, I for one had no cummication from O2 at all and had to contact them myself once I read about the issues. I know there are many people who like me did not know anything was wrong until we didnt get our promised ordered when we expected.

It's the lack of coummication and the different storys people have been told whihc is my problem. Yes I'm desapointed I won't get my phone for possiblity a few weeks but I would not have minded so much if O2 where just straight with me from the start.

Message 15 of 19

RossP81
  • 43 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It will never happen but perhaps Apple should release the phone 2 weeks after Pre-order so they actually get a little closer to fulfilling orders.

Carphone warehouse can apparently get the phone I want by the 7th October, thinking of upgrading there with O2

Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think it's fair that those that pre-ordered are still waiting for their phone while O2 are selling the same model of phone in store for Joe Bloggs to walk up and get that same day? 

Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered a matte black 7 plus 128GB first thing on the 9th back when it still had a release delivery date.  I have heard nothing at all from O2 regarding my order.

Message 18 of 19

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
It's always the same.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 19 of 19