Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any iPhone knowledgeable guys around?

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Ok, so daughter a few months back, dropped and smashed her iPhone XS, naturally she put in an insurance claim.
Roll on a week and replacement iPhone delivered and clearly a refurb but it was near mint so it will do.
A fair few months have gone by and last week she was greeted with the message
"mobile data update failed. Your iPhone cannot make and receive calls or access or access mobile data until it has been updated"
So she tried and tried to initiate the update but it wouldn't get past the "verifying update" stage of the update process.
Naturally the only and best thing to do will be wiping the handset and starting from fresh, so she hooks it up to iTunes and wipes it.
Now, on restart she is greeted with
"Activation failed. iPhone cannot be activated please visit apple.com/blah blah blah" (which is useless as no support docs cover this)
So I say I'll take a look, I hook it up to iTunes and even on iTunes it says.
"Activation failed, the iphone could not be activated because the activation information could not be obtained"

So what in the blue fudge does this mean?
I know what it sounds like and what i think it is, (black list) but honestly, if it's that then I'm gonna go nuclear at o2 insurance as it is 100% their fault.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@viridis 

Check if it's blacklisted here https://www.imei.info/ and if not, chat to Apple https://support.apple.com/en-gb/iphone

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2