Did you mean: 

Apple Watch query

paddyposh89
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all

My wife has an o2 account herself, older account with phone paid off, and her new phone is on my o2 account. 

if she was to order herself an Apple Watch on her o2 account, would it still work with her phone on my o2 account?

i know it needs linking to a phone when you order, so I guess the cellular aspect may not work? But would it still deliver notifications of calls and texts etc from her iPhone on my o2 account when on wifi eg at home or work?

I’ve heard different things but people always sell them second hand so I thought it wouldn’t matter if the phone and Watch were on different o2 accounts?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@paddyposh89 

Yes it would work without cellular functions as she would just pair it via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, but you'd be paying the £5 monthly data charge for nothing.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@paddyposh89 

It's my understanding that the phone and watch have to be on the same account as you can't pair them together to work if they are on different accounts. Now a word of warning, O2 are currently having problems (which they are trying to fix) with Apple Watches and pairing in general. My advice would be: Any network bar O2 currently.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@paddyposh89 

Yes it would work without cellular functions as she would just pair it via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, but you'd be paying the £5 monthly data charge for nothing.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3