Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch data plan

Anna7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I am trying to set up a data plan for a new Apple Watch series 5 and add to existing iPhone pay monthly account. During pairing it says cannot configure so skip and try via watch app. Again, watch app cannot configure or says ring 202 and quote 08. Have rung o2 numerous times over last 2 weeks and been into store. Have unpaired and repaired and reloaded app to no avail. No one seems to know what to do or how to sort this out. Have now been given this link as last resort. Can you help?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anna7 

Assuming you don't have a previous watch on your account (if so, ask O2 to remove it). the setup should go like this:

Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’.
Then tap ‘Set up mobile data’. You’ll be prompted to sign in with your My O2 username and password.
Once you’ve signed in, select your Apple Watch plan. Follow the steps on the screen to set up your Apple Watch Airtime Plan.
It can take up to 24 hours to activate, but sometimes it might take a little longer.
To check if your new Airtime Plan is active, open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’. In the ‘Data Plan’ section, if you see O2 with the word ‘activating’ then you’ll have to wait a little longer for set up to complete. If you see O2 with an orange ‘i’ next to it, then you’re all set up.
If you get an error message at any point, on the iPhone, go to Settings and select Privacy > Motion & Fitness and switch it on.
Then go back to the watch app/Mobile Data/set up mobile data plan and be ready to put your o2 username and password in to the resulting o2 screen. Also, it costs £5 monthly to add the airtime for the Apple Watch, so you'll need to authorise this after entering the o2 user name and password. The phone app will then say 'activating' which can take a day or so, but at that point, you can try doing a phone call direct from the watch to test it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Anna7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Privacy > motion and fitness is already on.
When I tap set up mobile data it never asks me to sign into my o2. Just says cannot configure or loading data and then goes to page telling me to ring o2 and quote code 08.
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anna7 

As far as I know, error 08 simply means that O2 need to reset your account as too many attempts have been made to connect.

Did you get a 07 code previously at all?

Anyway, as customer service are not being helpful, I'll ask @O2Kayleigh to see if she can help.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

O2Kayleigh
Level 3: Thinker
  • 20 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@MI5 Thank you for the tag. I will send you a private message now @Anna7 grin

O2Kayleigh

Former Guru team member
Message 5 of 9

O2Kayleigh
  • 20 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@MI5 This issue is now resolved yahoo 

O2Kayleigh.

Former Guru team member
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

Great news @O2Kayleigh 

What was the issue?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

O2Kayleigh
Level 3: Thinker
  • 20 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@MI5 The issue was account related. grin

O2Kayleigh

Former Guru team member
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

OK thanks @O2Kayleigh thumbsup

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9