Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch data plan runaround

DRoo1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I really hope someone here can help as I am about losing my mind now over trying to get an o2 data plan for my Apple Watch added to my account.

I bought the Watch from apple, not o2 but it is a cellular model. When it arrived I bought a plan, which failed to activate. I was told by someone at o2 on 202 it had been cancelled, so I bought another, which also didn’t activate. It transpired the first one was never cancelled. O2 representatives have variably told me I must wait for an esim in the post, that I need to wait another 24/48/72 hours/5 days for a call back from another department where it has been ‘escalated’, that they are putting me through to a manager or to the Apple Watch team, for whom I am then on hold for extended periods before someone else answers -from customer services! It’s like a black hole. On one occasion I was on hold for over an hour before this happened. And of course classically some have just hung up on me. It seems no one on 202 is able to help.

Today a very kind girl in an o2 shop called customer services on my behalf and believed she had been able to get them to cancel the plans so I could make a new fresh attempt. She was advised the cancellation process should take 2 hours. To my knowledge this has not yet been done and my watch app is still saying there’s a problem or that the activation is in progress. 

I’m now feeling like I need to change provider if I’ve any hope of resolving this, not to mention how upsetting it is after over 10 years as a customer to be shown so little concern.

Is anyone here able to connect me with someone who can actually get a new plan set up?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Tung
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You are not the only one as I am having the same problem. In my case, the “activating” status has been there for about a week, and O2 informed me that I may have to wait for another 5 working days. I think this is technical network issue with O2. Fingers crossed they can sort it out soon. Let’s update the progress here, and best luck everyone!!

Message 11 of 19

Stretch01
  • 13 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Exactly the same with me too guys,

I’ve had the same issue for over a week now.
I’ve been told an incident has been raised for the ‘now’ known issue.

Hopefully we won’t have to wait too long for them to resolve it.

I’ll be watching this thread for any updates and I’ll also post if I get any progress.

Message 12 of 19

MattFoster
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This morning, day 14 after placing the order I got a text early morning from O2 saying:

We've connected your Apple Watch Airtime Plan. If you have any questions or need help visit www.o2.co.uk/watch-help

And indeed it is up and running.  @O2Lisa - FYI

Message 13 of 19

DRoo1
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good to hear Matt. Sadly no change here still, three weeks in 🤷‍♀️

Message 14 of 19

Stretch01
  • 13 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That’s excellent news Matt, congrats.

sadly no change here either 15 days later.

Message 15 of 19

MattFoster
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just a thought in case it makes a difference, I’m sure I read somewhere that this might be related to the spend cap bolt on. I upped my spend cap my £10. Could be unrelated, but maybe worth a go for everyone whose still stuck. 

Message 16 of 19

Stretch01
  • 13 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Matt,

I’ve been waiting since March 31st for my Apple data plan to be activated. I read your post last night and updated my spend cap from £0 to £10 as I had nothing to lose.

24 hours later my data plan has now been processed successfully.

can this be a coincidence??

Message 17 of 19

DRoo1
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It could be coincidence - only because I also checked my spend cap last night but found I didn’t have one, and none the less about an hour ago the watch finally activated. It’s an Easter miracle 😂

Message 18 of 19

Stretch01
  • 13 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi DRoo1,

not having a spend cap would not have restricted your account.

I originally had a spend cap that might have restricted the £5 add on to be processed hence when I increased the spend cap to £10 it may have triggered something to allow the £5 add on to be processed.

Just a thought 🙂

Message 19 of 19