cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another failed launch - Congratulations 02 !!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi , 

I logged onto my account on Friday 8am to upgrade to the new Iphone 7 plus (Black) , the website crashed several times, as per every past Iphone launch , you would think by now that you would have invested in a proper infrastructure to cope with demand. It stated until the end of the process which took an hour in total as the website kept on crashing that my phone would be available from the 16th September . Once I had ompleted the painful process , I received an email saying that my phone would be ready to collect from the 21st October... You can guess I was not happy !

I tried to contact O2 on the phone and kept getting hung up on by Sean Bean , very annoying ! Finally at the end of day, I managed to speak to someone who basicaly told me "to deal with it" as there was no stock before that date .... Great !!! Then to add insult to injury, the next day I noticed I had been charged twice  2 x £189.99 for a phone I am having to wait for 6 weeks . Things dont end there ..... I thought as my contract ends next week I will reduce my contact until the upgrade , well .... surprise surprise that is not option either ! I was told that if I did , I would loose my upgrade and would have to wait another 3 months before upgrading .

1) Why again was the upgarde process so shambolic ?

2) Why do I have to wait 6 weeks for a phone I pre-ordered within the first hour you went on sale . Clearly again you were severly unprepared . Three and Carphone warehouse have stock for delivery next week , why are you unable to same ?

3) Why have you taken my money and keeping it for 6 weeks wihout providing the goods ?

4) Whay can you not guarantee the price quoted by O2 Recycle until the date of my upgrade. The price of my phone has already gone down £20 in a week and if it continues I will out of pocket by the time the new phone arrives.

I have been an O2 customer since 2002 , and what I realise now is that you do not care at all about your long time loyal customers . You will probably say I should leave , well yes I have considered this , but if my recent painful experience is anything to go by , I cannot be bothered to go through a more than likley shambolic process trying to cancel and leave !

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi NJO, 

I can perfectly well understand your frustration, I too would be spitting blood by now. 

However, this is a customer to customer forum, so there's not much we can do for you here. 

If you wish to complain which is the correct way forward then follow this link http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Personally, I didn't like the amount O2 were adding to the price of the iPhone 7 (£779 vs £699 from Apple for the 128Gb iPhone 7) so I dropped to SIMO and bought direct from Apple. 

Message 2 of 2