cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidental damage confused ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi can anybody help me here I fell on the way to work and when I arrived there I realised my drinks bottle had cracked and leaked into my bag my phone which was in a separate compartment didn't show any sign of being wet but would not switch on I have the iphone insurance 12.50 a month which covers me for accidental damage and water damage I am not a phone technician so when I rang o2 insurance they asked what happened to the iphone I said I wasn't sure (meaning it could of been struck as I fell and broke or water damage from the liquid that came from the bottle ) they voided my claim because of this and point blank refuse to help me ... Not even send me a claim form out isn't accidental damage some think you cant help doing ie accident can anyone give me any advice ....abbie

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144757 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
Only Mods can delete your posts completely.
Follow the complaints process on the Insurance documents. From what you have said and described you should be covered so just keep pushing them until you get it resolved.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
  • 144757 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
See your other thread.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry i am new to this and realised the other thread was solved so i opened up this one can i delete the other one ? i have sent a complaint to o2 but on reading on other peoples experiences it doesn't look good this is my first ever phone on contract ive been with o2 on p&g since i was 11 thinking i was doing right staying with them ius proving me wrong

Message 3 of 21

MI5
  • 144757 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
Only Mods can delete your posts completely.
Follow the complaints process on the Insurance documents. From what you have said and described you should be covered so just keep pushing them until you get it resolved.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 21

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23171 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

The option to delete has been taken away, unfortunately. You should stick to one thread, otherwise you'll only get the same answers twice.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 21

MI5
  • 144757 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
I can understand your anxiety Abbie, so follow the advice and let us know if we can help you any further....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

thats what i was thinking as i ddnt throw myself on the floor it was accidental i find it hard dealing with them because i work 6 days a week from 9 - 7.30 pm so when i get in i ring but end up being told its invalid claim so i end up in tears thanks for your response ive just realised i can download a claim form online i think i should print it of and still send it in asap you think its wise or should i wait until complaints have been in touch thankyou very much for your help 

Message 7 of 21

MI5
  • 144757 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
I'd do both of those options.
Send in a form and pursue the complaints process....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 21

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The claim should simply say that you fell and now the phone doesn't work that's all.

Insurance companies don't understand possibilities!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes thats what i will do thanks for your help and ill let you know the outcome the iphone 10 and a half prob be out before this is sorted lol

Message 10 of 21