Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Level 1: Joiner

Re: 3G Button Toggle disappeared with iOS8 update

I spent 2 hours in chat with O2 who insisted it was nothing to do with them, they even said why is nobody else complaining if its an issue, classic reply.

I was passed to 4 different operatives who all started with how can I help you, well try reading the chat that would help.

Ended with no joy and O2 insisting it was an Apple problem.

Topics: 571
Solutions: 15,885

No doubt this will be another "it's O2/it's Apple" debate that will go on for a long time..... as usual.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Anonymous

I am having the same trouble. As well as terrible battery drain problems since the io8 update which I assume has a lot to do with cellular data as it's not as pronounced when on wifi only.

Turning off 3G used to improve battery life greatly, but now, with that option taken away, Apple and O2 has conspired to make my very expensive device close to obsolete within a year.

Please O2 - bring the 3G toggle back.

@Anonymous wrote:
I am having the same trouble. As well as terrible battery drain problems since the io8 update which I assume has a lot to do with cellular data as it's not as pronounced when on wifi only.

Turning off 3G used to improve battery life greatly, but now, with that option taken away, Apple and O2 has conspired to make my very expensive device close to obsolete within a year.

Please O2 - bring the 3G toggle back.

Turning off mobile data will do the same thing as you did before.

The only difference now is that you can't force a 2g connection.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Anonymous

Thanks for your comment MI5. That is what I meant. I would like to force a 2G connection as that seemed to be suitable for email etc without the battery drain of 3G. Now it seems like it's very power-hungry 3G or nothing.
Anonymous

Let's hope O2 sanction the toggle in one of their carrier updates via apple.

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for your comment MI5. That is what I meant. I would like to force a 2G connection as that seemed to be suitable for email etc without the battery drain of 3G. Now it seems like it's very power-hungry 3G or nothing.

Sorry.... My bad Smiley Sad

Currently using:
Former Staff

Hi guys,

I know this an older thread, but below is some info 2G/3G/LTE switching from my colleague Chris in case it is informative.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/Heads-Up-iOS-8-1-is-live/m-p/796283#M37670

I'll close this thread now. Thanks Smiley Happy
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.