cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 missing calls with new sim

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am missing calls from people that ring me since I up graded to Iphone5 with new nano sim. I have signal bars but my calls go straight to "your call cannot be accepted at the moment blah blah blah" the caller then sends me a text to tell me about the reply I am getting. I have to switch on airplane mode then off again and if that doesn't work I have to switch my phone on and off again to get it to work. Can anyone help with this 

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Some iphones do have an issue receiving the O2 network signal even when showing ok on the phone. I would make a trip to an Apple store after making an appointment and have the phone checked out. You seem to have tried the normal fixes.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
You could try a new nano sim and also resetting the iPhones settings.

Sometimes restoring as new can help too.
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry it's a nano sim I have, I have done a reset and a restore but still the same, thanks by the way
Message 3 of 12

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Some iphones do have an issue receiving the O2 network signal even when showing ok on the phone. I would make a trip to an Apple store after making an appointment and have the phone checked out. You seem to have tried the normal fixes.

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers Jonsie
Message 5 of 12

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Let us know if you get it sorted by whatever means. It will undoubtably help someone else.

Good luck with it.

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, any luck with the problem, as I have iphone 5 and seem to have ths problem of not receiving calls and texts.  I have replaced the sim as advised by O2 and still same problem.  Now I have replaced the iphone 5 with apple and still get this intermittent missed calls problem.  any help or advice please as o2 don't seem interested. 

Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
I believe O2 prioritise data over voice, so this means, in theory at least, if your phone is downloading data (syncing, updating, on internet etc) you will not have any 2G connectivity.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry I have just got my phone replaced so I am waiting to see if it helps
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
That could be an answer but I will wait and see, I have my phone replaced by apple so lets see what happens. But thanks by the way for your help
Message 10 of 12