cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to iPhone 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anybody know the reason for being unable to preorder the new iPhone whilst being an existing customer?

Am I right in my thinking that new customers can ring up and preorder an iPhone? I understand the reason for this with business customers, but for general customers?

I've been trying for a while now to upgrade to the iPhone 5, whilst I appreciate they have 32gb ones in stock now, new customers can currently order 16gb iPhones with a three week wait yet for current customers they're out of stock? This is not the way to treat existing customers. Thank you for rewarding loyalty!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am a existing customer I paid the final 3 months of contract up and my iPhone 5 32gb black model out for delivery 2 weeks later slight_smile
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations to you, I don't see how that's relevant to my problem. As I stated above 32gb iPhones are currently in stock for existing customers, but 16gb ones are not. Yet if I was to go in as a new customer, 16gb ones are in stock.

My point is why are current customers being shafted to allow new customers to tak priority?

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

just call up CS. I did it all over the phone. ordered on 02/10 and arrived today.

Message 4 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yet if I was to go in as a new customer, 16gb ones are in stock.

Not if they're on a 3 week wait, that suggests they're out of stock for everyone.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Existing customers don't even have the option to purchase a 16gb iPhone 5 with a three week wait. Completely out of stock and not accepting orders unless it's 32gb or up. New customers can order now and wait for three weeks.

I rang customer service up to upgrade and after a 30 minute wait on hold was told I was in the wrong place (despite following the exact route I was told by an online advisor - and following the route I was told by the automated machine to keep pushing two) They did however tell me they'd put me straight through to someone in the upgrade department. Only had to wait for 20 minutes this time, however I've been told that they're doing a 'major reboot' of the upgrade system and can only help with general enquiries at the moment. I don't really understand how someone in customer services can't tell me that the upgrading system is down and save me 20 minutes of listening to terrible distorted on hold music.

This has been such terrible service all round from o2 regarding the iPhone 5 from my experience. I'm probably just an anomaly but it's been frustration after frustration from my perspective.

Message 6 of 6