cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vodafone s4mini

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi i have an unlocked s4 mini for m son on an o2 contract. we can do everything on it accept get online unless using wifi. we have gone through all the setting several times and still not working ( with o2 tech guys) i have now paid for his contract for the fourtg month running and we cant use it properly. any help before i just get a new phone ? think we just need the start up settings sent again or i can copy my settings but dont have there network password. help please x

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126015 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Hi  @Anonymous

This is the link for setting up an android phone to O2 data services.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Connecting-Android-Phone-to-Data-Services/td-p/544202

The above link is explained in full here:...

*Settings can be sent to the phone by texting ACTIVE to 2020. Simply save and reboot your device.

If you suddenly lose connection try cleaning the sim card and rebooting the phone.

A soft reset may also help, check your manual as different handsets reset in different ways.

eg. to soft reset a Samsung hold down the power and home button until the phone reboots.

You could also try going into the Settings > More > Mobile Networks > APN  > menu and choose Reset to default (this should be read off your sim card). Restart your phone and test your data connections.

If you need to set up a data connection

From the homescreen: 

• Press Settings.
  • Select Wireless and networks or More settings
  • Press Mobile networks.
  • Check Use PacketData/Mobile Data to ensure this is ticked
  • Tap Access Point Names

DATA

Press the Menu key and select New APN.

Complete the fields in the list with the data below: 

Name : o2 mobile web

APN : mobile.o2.co.uk (PAYG - payandgo.o2.co.uk)

Proxy, Port  : Please leave blank

Username - o2web (PAYG - payandgo)

Password - password

Server - Please leave blank

MMSC - http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

MMS Proxy - 193.113.200.195

MMS Port - 8080

MCC - 234

MNC - 10

Authentication type - PAP

APN type - default,supli

APN Protocol: IPv4

Press the Menu key and tap Save to store the new data connection on your handset. Press the field next to the new o2 mobile web option you’ve created to activate the data connection – you should see a green dot or tick appear next to it to show it’s enabled.

MMS

Press the Menu key and select New APN

Name : O2 UK Pay Monthly MMS (PAYG - O2 UK Pay & Go MMS)
APN : wap.o2.co.uk
Proxy : Not set
Port : Not Set
Username : o2wap
Password : password
Server : Not set
MMSC : http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
MMS Proxy :  82.132.254.1
MMS port : 8080
MCC : 234
MNC : 10
Authentication : PAP
APN type : mms
APN protocol : ipv4

Press the Home key to return to your home screen.

You should then be all set up.

Reboot the phone and try sending yourself a photo.

You may also need to call customer service on 202 (pay monthly) or 4445 (payandgo) to ensure MMS is provisioned on your account.

Also be aware that there will be a charge for sending MMS as they are not normally included in any allowance.

Credit to jonsie

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you. think this is what we did with them on o2 chat and called will try again thank you x@cleoriff
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi tried soft reset and rest to default, default put back to o2 pay and go but it is pay monthly. tapped in all the settings provided below but still the same no internet. i have called o2 4 times and done same thing each time but to no avail. they are saying should be working yet it is not . any other suggestions? 

Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 126015 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
thank you. think this is what we did with them on o2 chat and called will try again thank you x@cleoriff

Hi @Anonymous It will be worth doing again. If you are anything like me I work far better when I have written instructions in front of me that I can keep referring to wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 126015 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Try this one...showing settings for payg and contract (so did my first link actually...you just have to choose whether its contract or payg settings you type in) wink

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/o2-apn-settings#o2%20Android%20APN%20MMS%20mobile%20internet%20s...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 94020 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

If you are still struggling after setting up a new APN it would be better if you could call into any O2 store and im sure they will set it up for you in minutes.

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 149448 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
Also delete all the other apn's and just leave the O2 one on phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous any luck?
Message 9 of 9