cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card replacement

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Broke my phone without insurance, now i have an alternative handset to swap over to only that phone requites a standard sized sim card and the sim which i have currently is micro. 
The phone and sim themselves are unlocked, it's just a matter of obtaining the new sim card.. How can i go about this? 
ps. The contract is in my mums name and she's seldom free to pop in store for me - i have tried to do this myself but everytime i have done so the asistant has informed they cannot carry out my wishes as it were due to in not being in my name.

any suggestions? 

Ta
Dom.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Anonymous  There's absolutely no way you can get around what you're being told. The contract is not in your name. Only the person whose name is on the contract can do anything regarding the account in store, including changing the sim. The only way to do it is for your mother to request a sim be mailed to her, and you do the sim swap online, but you would need all the account details to do that. Or do as has been advised and get an adapter, which is probably the simplest method. Ultimately if the number is the one you use, you need to get the account changed to your name.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Just get an adapter that converts a micro sim to standard.
An O2 shop should give you one or you can buy for pennies off ebay etc....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12039 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1121 Solutions
Or Amazon, or Maplin, or a local phone shop...
Just depends on price.
If you can get one (free) from o2 I would go that route.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Anonymous  There's absolutely no way you can get around what you're being told. The contract is not in your name. Only the person whose name is on the contract can do anything regarding the account in store, including changing the sim. The only way to do it is for your mother to request a sim be mailed to her, and you do the sim swap online, but you would need all the account details to do that. Or do as has been advised and get an adapter, which is probably the simplest method. Ultimately if the number is the one you use, you need to get the account changed to your name.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4