cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

signal suddenly cut off?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought the LG Google Nexus 4 on Tuesday and everything was working fine. I was texting and browsing the web all day with no problems. Last night i was texting my boyfriend when suddenly I received a notification saying, "please restart your phone with a valid sim card", and since then, I have had absolutely no signal. It was a very random message and I have restarted my phone and taken the sim out and back in but this has not helped. I still have no signal today. I have not missed my bill payment and i have checked this on my account.

I have tried contacting o2 via live chat but i keep getting "sorry we are closed right now opening times are from 5am - 11pm" yet it is 6:22am at the moment...

I can't take the battery out as it is a built in one like the iphone is. I'm on a 24 month contract with micro sim and i have done a network coverage check but it is not showing that there are any problems with signal around my area. The phone seems to be fine, it has not been dropped or anything and my wifi is fully working.

any help would be great..

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Definately try to get to an O2 store. They can programme youa new sim, in minutes, and if that doesn't work it's "yes I'd love a new handset please". Don't let them fob you off, threaten to cancel the contract completely if they try to.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

If you can try your sim in another phone that will point to where the problem lies (your local O2 store may well be able to help you there). If the sim is faulty they will arrange an immediate replacement. If the phone is faulty then ask for a replacement or return it under the 7 day happiness clause (don't let them send it for repair).

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

i dont understand how it can just suddenly stop working. i was having a full conversation over sms perfectly fine.. then when i didnt receive a text for about 20 minutes i unlocked my phone and on the home screen was that invalid sim message. i dont have another phone that takes a micro sim and i dont have another micro sim. not sure if i can get to an o2 shop today as im working all day. ive tried using the live chat but it says "click the button below to start chatting" and there is no button there! its just an empty space..

Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Do not use live chat. They will be of little or no help to you. Try to get to an O2 shop if it's at all possible. If the phone is faulty, they should exchange it for a new one, as you're within the first 7 days of purchase.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
They will exchange for new within 28 days and don't let them tell you otherwise
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Definately try to get to an O2 store. They can programme youa new sim, in minutes, and if that doesn't work it's "yes I'd love a new handset please". Don't let them fob you off, threaten to cancel the contract completely if they try to.

Message 6 of 6