cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restoring deleted files

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anybody know how to restore deleted files on a samsung galaxy S5 as my sister in law has ended up losing all of her pics etc she said that she only tried deleting a couple of pics and has ended up losing the lot. Many thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94090 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Presumably they weren't backed up to Google, do you know whether they were stored on the phone or the sd card?

If on the sd card you could try Recuva.

https://www.piriform.com/recuva

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Was the device backed up via Google or any other third party company?

Were the pictures on the device or sd card
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 94090 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Presumably they weren't backed up to Google, do you know whether they were stored on the phone or the sd card?

If on the sd card you could try Recuva.

https://www.piriform.com/recuva

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Recuva should work on either the phone or sd storage but the important thing is to not write anything else to the disc space you are trying to recover from.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

And once you've recovered them, remember how much easier and less stressful it is to back your stuff up beforehand than it is to try to recover it afterwards.

You can get an OTG cable for the S5 for less than a fiver, and copy your photos and videos to a usb flash drive.  Quick and easy :smileywink:.

Message 5 of 5