cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone insurance

Anonymous
Not applicable
I bought a sony xperia m4 aqua and it hasn't been a year yet, but it she's to have water damage even though it class to be waterproof. I can't seem to find the reciept but i have emails from O2 from when i bought the phone.
Is it possible to take it to the shop i bought it from for a check and maybe a replacement since there's water damage.
It still works and all but the microphone crackles
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
*seems
*claims

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

You won't get a replacement from o2 as they will just send it off for repair. You are best off contacting Sony as it will have a 2 year warranty 

http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/contactUs/

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
How do you know it's water damage causing it?
If it's because you have had it in the bath or similar, have you tried to dry it out?
I've taken my Z1 into a pool when on holiday and it does take a while for the speaker to fully dry out, but it always recovered after a while.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

If it doesn't dry out (I have put mine in the airing cupboard before now) and mine wasn't waterproof but it did the trick. Otherwise get it back to Sony as suggested.. Far better option than sending it to O2 Anova repairs @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5