cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my o2 app no longer compatible?

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi all, ive had the my o2 app on my samsung gt-s5830i (android 2.3.6 gingerbread) for a good couple of years, recently the pin wasn't working to log in so i uninstalled it thinking it may help with a fresh install, but now i cannot download it, i get the 'not compatible with phone' message. just wondering if this is correct? so an app ive been using for a couple of years suddenly becomes incompatible just because it had an update......? once i were signed in using my email & password everything worked sweet before. maybe the older version is still available somehow? maybe im doing something wrong? i tried samsung apps but that just hangs on trying to update itself :-( please help, i know i can log in to o2 site for the info but the app was much better/quicker. cheers all 🙂
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
MI5 wrote:
There's always good deals from the independents if you shop around, esp as you aren't going to benefit from dealing with o2 directly on their refresh tariff.

Crazy that, last time i upgraded i went into an o2 shop & walked away happy,
maybe i should have done that instead.

MI5 wrote:
In fact, I've just looked at CW and you can get the A3 from £13 a month, depending on tariff.

deffo a great deal that,
im thinking since ive just done the sim only upgrade i might grab a new handset from ebay,

still not sure which model to go for though, i think the a3 is a little too big for my liking,

thanks for the help/ideas MI5 🙂
Message 11 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

In today's world you go for the best deal. Long gone are the times when loyalty paid. Refresh is ok if you want to change phones every year but there are far better deals out there in honesty. Research and go for the best deal to suit your needs.....

Message 12 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good luck mate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 13