cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message alert

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have a samsung GT-S5830i When I get a text message I only get notified once. can anyone tell me how I can change the setting to notify me every 30secons or so ?

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Can't be done on the phone as standard but option is available if you download a different SMS app off Google play, such as GoSMS or Handcent.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Can't be done on the phone as standard but option is available if you download a different SMS app off Google play, such as GoSMS or Handcent.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks will try that
Message 3 of 17

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Hi bert1.

There may be another way to get the tone you want as you message tone.

I'm not entirely sure this is possible on all Galaxy Ace software versions, but...

• Connect you phone to your PC with the USB cable.
  • On your phone enable USB Storage.
  • Open up My Computer and browse to the icon which represents your phone (it will look just like a USB storage device).
  • One opened up you should have loads of folders, the important one is "notifications".
  • Copy your desired sound / music track into here.
  • Disconnect your phone and go back to options > settings > sounds > notifications.

Hopefully it should now be there as an option.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 17

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
That would work for a different sound, Ray, but the OP wants a ringtone to repeat at pre set intervals, if I'm reading the Q correctly...?

Currently using:
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this standard practice for android phones?

On my last phone, samsung wave, you could set it to repeat the notification but my new phone, xperia t, you can't.

Would be good to have that facility without needing to install another app.

Cheers            Tom

Message 6 of 17

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
It's a feature of the Jelly Bean firmware but was not available on GB or ICS. When you get your update to JB you will be able to select a repeat interval in message settings.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 17

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
That would work for a different sound, Ray, but the OP wants a ringtone to repeat at pre set intervals, if I'm reading the Q correctly...?

Quite right. 

Either the text was different this morning or I had not absorbed my first coffee into my bloodstream.

I will place my bets on the latter tongue

Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent news....

I see that Abs says that it's already started to roll out for the xperia t but when I enquired as to how long I'd need to wait for my own notification with one of the " guru's ", they said it's not available yet. When I mentioned that it's been widely reported in the tech news that o2 has started sending it out, I mysteriously got disconnected.....

Cheers                Tom

Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just got the ota update. Now on v4.1.2

It still soesn't look as if you can change the notifcation to repeat Smiley Frustrated

I hope I've missed a setting somewhere though but the settings all seem the same...

Cheers                    Tom

Message 10 of 17