cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keeping my mobile number

Anonymous
Not applicable

im in the process of changing my phone to an s8 from the carphone warehouse but staying on the o2 network,has i got a far better deal from then,when i spoke to o2 customer retensions and they couldnt match the deal,i asked for pac code,but was told because im staying on the o2 network with cpw they couldnt give me one for o2 to o2,how the eck do i transport my current mobile number to the cpw so i retain my original phone number,can any of you guys shed any light or help on this please.

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
You don't need that form anyway as it won't do what you want in this instance.
You need to call customer service on 202 from your o2 phone and ask them to swap your number to the new contract. This will also close your old contract immediately and generate your final bill which will be billed separately from your new contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Anonymous you don't need a PAC as you aren't leaving. You only need the keep my number form

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

if you need a different sized sim to your current one then they will do the sim swap for you 

[URL fixed]

Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

level 42 the link doesnt open,were can i get said form from??

Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
You don't need that form anyway as it won't do what you want in this instance.
You need to call customer service on 202 from your o2 phone and ask them to swap your number to the new contract. This will also close your old contract immediately and generate your final bill which will be billed separately from your new contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you MI5 for your reply.
Message 5 of 14

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous

@MI5 is right, you need to contact CS to complete a duplicate account request – it’s different from a normal Migrate or Port number form.

Thanks @MI5 and @Anonymous for the help!Fantastic

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 6 of 14

Bc
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I need to give my pac code to o2 as I have joined them from Virgin

Message 7 of 14

jonsie
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Pete58
Level 3: Thinker
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Is the porting process going smoothly now or is there still problems with it due to covid-19
Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Seems to be improving.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 14